Frequently Asking Question
Listed below are some of the best web designer interview questions and answers for job seekers. Go through these question and answers and stand a chance to come out in flying colors in your web designing interview.
Get Web Designing Training from experts. Call us @ +91 86087 00340 for a free demo session!
Web Designing Interview Question and Answers
- What is HTML?
- What is semantic HTML?
- What are empty elements?
- What is difference between HTML and HTML5?
- What is CSS?
- How can you integrate CSS on a web page?
- Explain the difference between visibility: hidden and display: none?
- What is MySQL?
- What is the difference between truncate and delete?
- What is PHP ?
- What is the difference between “echo” and “print” in PHP?
- What is the difference between include() Function and require() Function?
- What is session in PHP ?
- What is default session time and path in PHP?
- What are different types of errors available in Php ?
- What does isset() function?
- What is the difference between GET and POST?
- What are different JOINS used in SQL?
- What is Constraints? Mention its Types?
- How will you access session variables in PHP?
- How will you check if session variable is already set or not in PHP?
- What is the difference between ID and Class selector?
- Why is HTML used?
- Who created html5?
- Defin Using HTML5
- Why is HTML5 important?
- What is the purpose of the constant function?
- What is the constant use in PHP?
- Why is the degree of a constant always zero?
- What are PHP expressions?
- What is the degree of constant term?
- What does PHP do?
- What is PHP flow control?
- Do while loops PHP?
- What is the conditional statement in PHP?
- What is the use of the foreach loop in PHP?
- What is PHP’s decision-making?
- What are PHP functions?
- What is Asort?
- How many array types are there in PHP?
- What is an object in PHP?
- Why do we use OOPS in PHP?
- Why do we use an interface in PHP?
- What are the main benefits of using CSS?
- What kind of CSS has the highest priority?
- What is CSS work?
- How is the text capital in CSS?
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is used to create and display pages on the Web. It makes the text more interactive and dynamic.
Semantic HTML is a coding style. It is the use of HTML markup to reinforce the semantics or meaning of the content.
For Example: In semantic HTML tag is not used for bold statement as well as tag is used for italic. Instead of these we use and tags.
HTML elements with no content are called empty elements. For Example:<br>, <hr> etc.
4. External File : Script in and external file and then include in <head> ….. </head> section.
- Document of HTML is very large as compare to the HTML5.
- Audio and Video tags are not present in HTML whereas HTML5 contains audio and video tags.
- HTML supported by all old browsers whereas HTML5 is supported by new browser.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets.
- It is used to design the Webpage.
- CSS plays an important role in building the website.
There are three methods to integrate CSS on web pages.
- Inline method– It is used to insert style sheets in HTML document
- Embedded/Internal method– It is used to add a unique style to a single document
- Linked/Imported/External method– It is used when you want to make changes on multiple pages.
- Visibility: Hidden hides the element, but it occupies space and affects the layout of the document.
- Display: none also hides the element but not occupy space. It will not affect the layout of the document.
- It is used for Validate the webpages.
- It is object-based, lightweight, cross-platform translated language.
- It is widely used for client-side validation.
- Alert Box
- Confirm Box
- Prompt Box
MySQL is an open source DBMS which is built, supported and distributed by MySQL AB (now acquired by Oracle)
Delete command is used to delete data from a table.
For Example : Remove emails where we write a script to delete the customer’s data. It deletes the rows of data from a table.
Whereas, Truncate is very dangerous command and should be used carefully as it deletes every row from a table.
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
- It is open source server-side scripting language that is widely used for creation of dynamic web applications.
- PHP is a loosely typed language
- Echo can output one or more string but print can only output one string and always returns
- Echo is faster than print because it does not return any value.
If there is any problem in loading a file then require() function generates a fatal error and halt the execution of the script.
include() function generates a warning but the script will continue execution.
PHP sessions are the simple way to store data for individual users/client against a unique session ID.
Default session time in PHP is 1440 seconds (24 minutes) and Default session storage path is temporary folder/tmp on server.
There are 4 types of errors in PHP, We have listed all below
- E_ERROR: A fatal error that causes script termination.
- E_WARNING: Run-time warning that does not cause script termination.
- E_PARSE: Compile time parse error.
- E_NOTICE: Run time notice caused due to error in code.
The isset() function checks if the variable is defined and not null.
- GET displays the submitted data as part of the URL, during POST this information is not shown as it’s encoded in the request.
- GET can handle a maximum of 2048 characters, POST has no such restrictions.
- Normally GET is used to retrieve data while POST to insert and update.
There are 4 major types of joins made to use while working on multiple tables in SQL databases
- Inner Join
- Left Join (Left Outer Join)
- Right Join (Right Outer Join)
- Full Join (Full Outer Join)
SQL constraints are used to specify rules for the data in a table. Constraints are commonly used in MYSQL.
- Primary Key
- Foreign Key
- Unique Key
- Not Null
Session variables are stored in associative array called $_SESSION. These variables can be accessed during lifetime of a session.
Make use of isset() function to check if session variable is already set or not.
ID selector finds and modifies the style to any single element while Class selector can do to any number of elements.
HTML was used to create the structure of a web page. … This is a markup language to develop a web page. HTML provides a set of tags through which a developer creates a web page. With HTML5, you get more tags and elements with which you can create more meaningful Web pages.
To understand the progress of HTML5, we need a brief description of the HTML timeline: 1991-1999: HTML was created by Web legend Tim Berners-Lee in 1991, and HTML versions 1-4 were developed over the course of 1990s by W3C.
HTML5 is the latest hypertext markup language (HTML), the default programming language for describing the content and appearance of web pages. Currently, all major browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and IE) support HTML5, making it the newest HTML technology currently used.
HTML5 is important because now that all major vendors support it, including those in the mobile space, you get a universal experience on a wide variety of devices. … Consequently, with HTML5, you get ubiquitous from the device. You have the opportunity to create something once and make it work in a wide spectrum of browsers.
Constant function. In mathematics, a constant function is a function whose value (output) is the same for each input value. For example, the function is a constant function because the value of 4 is independent of the input value (see image) .
A constant is an identifier (name) for a simple value. The value can not be changed during the script. A valid constant name begins with a letter or an underscore (without the $ sign before the constant name). Note: Unlike variables, constants are automatically global throughout script.
Polynomials of degree zero. The zero-degree polynomial functions are also known as constant functions. This is because the value of the function never changes from or to constant. They are always plotted as horizontal lines, so that their slopes are zero, which means that there is no vertical change throughout the function.
In PHP, almost everything you write is an expression. The simplest but most precise way of defining an expression is “anything that has a value.” … Functions are expressions with the value of their return value.
In mathematics, a constant term is a term in an algebraic expression that has a value that is constant or can not change because it contains no modifiable variable. For example, in the quadratic polynomial. 3 is a constant term.
PHP assignment operators. PHP mapping operators are used with numeric values to write a value to a variable. The basic assignment operator in PHP is “=”. This means that the left operand is set to the value of the right assignment expression.
PHP change the statement. The switch statement is a selection control flow statement. Allows the value of a variable or expression to control the execution flow of the program through a multidirectional branch. Create multiple branches in a simpler way than using the if statements, elseif.
PHP supports the following four loop types. to – cycles through a block of code a specific number of times. while: scrolls through a block of code if and while a specific condition is true. do … while: repeat a block of code once and repeat the loop whenever a special condition is true.
PHP: Conditional statements. Sometimes when you write code, you want to perform different actions for different decisions. You can use conditional statements in your code to do this. Conditional statements are the set of commands used to perform different actions based on different conditions.
PHP provides the foreach loop statement that allows you to traverse the elements of an array or public properties of an object. The foreach loop statement works only with arrays and objects. If you use the foreach foreach command with other data types, you receive an error.
PHP conditional statements allow you to make a decision, based upon the result of a condition. These statements are called as Decision Making Statements or Conditional Statements.
PHP user defined functions. In addition to the built-in functions of PHP, we can create our own functions. A function is an instruction block that can be used repeatedly in a program. A function will not run immediately when a page loads. A function is executed by a call to function.
Asort is an e-commerce and fashion site launched recently with a difference. Like other fashion sites, it has many brands, ranging from ethnic clothing to street fashion, both for men and women.
There are three types of arrays you can create. These are: Indexed matrix: an array with a numeric key. Associative matrix: an array where each key has its own specific value.
PHP | Objects An object is an individual instance of the data structure defined by a class. We define a class once and then make many objects that belong to it.
PHP is a server-side programming language, which is mainly used for web development, but is also used as a general purpose programming language. Object Oriented Programming (PHP OOP), is a kind of programming language principle added to php5, which helps to create complex and reusable web applications.
An interface allows unrelated classes to implement the same set of methods, regardless of their positions in the class inheritance hierarchy. An interface allows you to model multiple inheritances because a class can implement more than one interface, while it can extend only one class.
CSS is a language used to detail the presentation of the markup language of a web page (usually HTML or XHTML), such as colors, fonts, and design. One of its main benefits is the way in which it allows the separation of document content (written in HTML or a similar markup language) from the presentation of the document (written in CSS).
Now we can say that the priority of the CSS property in an HTML document is applied top to bottom and left to right. Values defined as important will have the highest priority. Online CSS has a higher priority than embedded and external CSS.
Each cascading style sheet (whether it is contained in a .css file or embedded in the main element of an HTML document) is a series of statements called statements. A statement does two things: it identifies the elements in an HTML document that it affects.
The CSS text property transformminuscule: makes all the letters in the selected text are lowercases.symbols: causes all the letters of the selected text to be uppercase or ALL CAPS.max: capitalizes the first letter of each word in the selected text.
We hope that going through web designing interview question and answers as given above will be a learning experience for job seekers like you. It will also help you to face web designer interviews with confidence. All the best!