Frequently Asking Question
Listed below are some of the best web designer interview questions and answers for job seekers. Go through these question and answers and stand a chance to come out in flying colors in your web designing interview.
Get Web Designing Training from experts. Call us @ +91 86087 00340 for a free demo session!
Web Designing Interview Question and Answers
- What is HTML?
- What is semantic HTML?
- What are empty elements?
- What is difference between HTML and HTML5?
- What is CSS?
- How can you integrate CSS on a web page?
- Explain the difference between visibility: hidden and display: none?
- What is MySQL?
- What is the difference between truncate and delete?
- What is PHP ?
- What is the difference between “echo” and “print” in PHP?
- What is the difference between include() Function and require() Function?
- What is session in PHP ?
- What is default session time and path in PHP?
- What are different types of errors available in Php ?
- What does isset() function?
- What is the difference between GET and POST?
- What are different JOINS used in SQL?
- What is Constraints? Mention its Types?
- How will you access session variables in PHP?
- How will you check if session variable is already set or not in PHP?
- What is the difference between ID and Class selector?
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is used to create and display pages on the Web. It makes the text more interactive and dynamic.
Semantic HTML is a coding style. It is the use of HTML markup to reinforce the semantics or meaning of the content.
For Example: In semantic HTML tag is not used for bold statement as well as tag is used for italic. Instead of these we use and tags.
HTML elements with no content are called empty elements. For Example:<br>, <hr> etc.
4. External File : Script in and external file and then include in <head> ….. </head> section.
- Document of HTML is very large as compare to the HTML5.
- Audio and Video tags are not present in HTML whereas HTML5 contains audio and video tags.
- HTML supported by all old browsers whereas HTML5 is supported by new browser.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets.
- It is used to design the Webpage.
- CSS plays an important role in building the website.
There are three methods to integrate CSS on web pages.
- Inline method– It is used to insert style sheets in HTML document
- Embedded/Internal method– It is used to add a unique style to a single document
- Linked/Imported/External method– It is used when you want to make changes on multiple pages.
- Visibility: Hidden hides the element, but it occupies space and affects the layout of the document.
- Display: none also hides the element but not occupy space. It will not affect the layout of the document.
- It is used for Validate the webpages.
- It is object-based, lightweight, cross-platform translated language.
- It is widely used for client-side validation.
- Alert Box
- Confirm Box
- Prompt Box
MySQL is an open source DBMS which is built, supported and distributed by MySQL AB (now acquired by Oracle)
Delete command is used to delete data from a table.
For Example : Remove emails where we write a script to delete the customer’s data. It deletes the rows of data from a table.
Whereas, Truncate is very dangerous command and should be used carefully as it deletes every row from a table.
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
- It is open source server-side scripting language that is widely used for creation of dynamic web applications.
- PHP is a loosely typed language
- Echo can output one or more string but print can only output one string and always returns
- Echo is faster than print because it does not return any value.
If there is any problem in loading a file then require() function generates a fatal error and halt the execution of the script.
include() function generates a warning but the script will continue execution.
PHP sessions are the simple way to store data for individual users/client against a unique session ID.
Default session time in PHP is 1440 seconds (24 minutes) and Default session storage path is temporary folder/tmp on server.
There are 4 types of errors in PHP, We have listed all below
- E_ERROR: A fatal error that causes script termination.
- E_WARNING: Run-time warning that does not cause script termination.
- E_PARSE: Compile time parse error.
- E_NOTICE: Run time notice caused due to error in code.
The isset() function checks if the variable is defined and not null.
- GET displays the submitted data as part of the URL, during POST this information is not shown as it’s encoded in the request.
- GET can handle a maximum of 2048 characters, POST has no such restrictions.
- Normally GET is used to retrieve data while POST to insert and update.
There are 4 major types of joins made to use while working on multiple tables in SQL databases
- Inner Join
- Left Join (Left Outer Join)
- Right Join (Right Outer Join)
- Full Join (Full Outer Join)
SQL constraints are used to specify rules for the data in a table. Constraints are commonly used in MYSQL.
- Primary Key
- Foreign Key
- Unique Key
- Not Null
Session variables are stored in associative array called $_SESSION. These variables can be accessed during lifetime of a session.
Make use of isset() function to check if session variable is already set or not.
ID selector finds and modifies the style to any single element while Class selector can do to any number of elements.
We hope that going through web designing interview question and answers as given above will be a learning experience for job seekers like you. It will also help you to face web designer interviews with confidence. All the best!